Monday, October 18, 2010

Foot Freedom

I finally pulled the trigger on Saturday and bought a pair of Vibram Five Fingers. A lot of you already have seen or own these little rubber-soled “socks” that simulate barefoot walking or running while adding some level of protection against that broken beer bottle in the weeds.

So far, my toes are a little hesitant. I must admit I’m not sure yet whether the fit on one of my toes is off or if it’s simply that I’m not acclimated yet using the toe. My toes aren’t curling and seem to fit per the Vibram website, so we’ll see if the ring toe on each side starts to loosen up a bit. The shoes are, in fact, very comfortable when I’m not walking. It's going to take a while to get acclimated, but I'm pretty positive. After a couple of days, I'm already feeling some sore muscles in my legs.

I’m excited. I’ll post regular updates about my progress and workouts with these cool little foot coverings.

No comments: